How to Make Low Carb, Keto Friendly Pancakes
Recipe by Sugarless Crystals
It's breakfast time! This week the ChipMonks are diving paw first into one of our favorite breakfast recipes from our friend Darius over at Sugarless Crystals. If you are keto and totally sick of eggs for breakfast, we feel your pain! That's why we are cooking up some sweet, soft keto friendly pancakes. Hungry yet? Let's get cooking!
Low Carb Keto Pancake Recipe:
- 2 tablespoon blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Besit or Swerve Brown Sugar (I used Besti)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
Mix together all ingredients with a whisk or pop them all into a blender and blend until smooth. Note, you can use any granulated sweetener of choice but brown sugar is what makes these special.
Turn on skillet or pan to low/medium heat and add butter
Pour pancakes on to skillet or pan. Make sure heat isn't too hot these aren't like normal pancakes they need more time to cook through. The lower the better but the pan/skillet should be hot enough to melt butter quickly.
Don't make huge pancakes. The need to be small enough to get your enire spatula under the whole pancake to flip.
Flip after you see the edges browning and light bubbling. You can also slide the spatula under the pancake and check for browning. Flip, cook and remove.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- No coconut flour, you can make this recipe without coconut flour simply add 1-2TB almond flour in it's place. Measurements are determined by desired thickness. The coconut flour adds more texture and thickens the batter but it can be skipped.
- Batter too thin, add more coconut flour. Just 1/4 tsp at a time because a little goes a long way. A cooks tip, the thicker the batter the fluffier the pancake will be.
- Pancakes are raw in the center, your heat is too high. Keto pancakes are sensitive because they don't and will not cook quickly. Keep temperature on the medium/low side. Also, if butter starts to burn I have learned the heat is climbing too high to cook the pancakes in.
Thanks for dropping by the ChipMonk Baking blog! Be sure to check back regularly for the latest keto recipes and lifestyle tips from the ChipMonks. And if you haven't already, don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter or text CHIPMONK to (833) 645-0998 to join the ChipMonk rewards program. Ready for another delicious keto breakfast recipe? Check this out: