Kinda Classic Keto Sugar Cookies
Santa Season Is Around the corner! Lets get some classic, but keto sugar cookies ready for Santa and the Family for the upcoming Christmas holidays. These are a crowd and health pleaser with help from our friends over at Life made sweeter.
Keto Sugar Cookies - free Sugar / Low Carb
- 1 3/4 cups superfine blanched almond flour, measured correctly (spoon & sweep) plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, measured correctly (spoon & sweep)
- 2/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener (Try our AlluMonk sweetener here)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cut into 1/2-inch pieces - softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese softened, can also sub with vegan cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream OR coconut cream
- almond milk or lemon juice, as needed to reach desired consistency
1. Sift your almond flour and coconut flour and mix the it in with the sweetener, and salt until combined.
2. Turn the mixer to medium, then add the butter, 1 cube at a time, and mix until the dough looks crumbly and slightly wet for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the cream cheese, vanilla and almond extract and beat for another 30-60 seconds until the dough just begins to form large clumps, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Shape into a disc and wrap in plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 35 minutes (or up to 2 days).
5. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. When ready to roll, remove and unwrap dough disc from the fridge.
6. Place a large piece of parchment paper on a flat surface. Place dough in the center. Place another large parchment paper on top of the dough and using your rolling pin, roll into 1/4 inch thickness and place the cookie dough sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the cookie dough sheet from the freezer and remove the top parchment paper. Cut into shapes with cutters of your choice. Place cut cookies on lined baking sheets, about 1 inch apart then place in the freezer again for 10 minutes. Repeat with any scraps.
8. Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, on the middle rack for 13-17 minutes at 325° F, rotating the pan halfway, or until edges are light golden brown.
9. Allow to cool fully, at room temperature. Frost or decorate cookies as desired.
keto frosting: (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sweetener with coconut cream until smooth. Add almond milk or lemon juice as needed to desired consistency.
2. With a piping bag and/0r knife spread icing onto cookies as desired.
We hope yours turned out as delicious as ours did! Thanks for dropping by the ChipMonk Baking Blog. While you're here, be sure to check out ChipMonks Dry mixes and get Baking like the ChipMonks. Or scoop up a bag of our Allumonk to use in this Recipe and many others! You can skip the work too with ChipMonk Baking’s HUGE variety of soft-baked keto cookies and recipes. And don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for the latest recipes, deals, and updates from the ChipMonks. You can also join our Text VIP program by texting CHIPMONK to (833) 645-0998.