How to make gluten-free Chicken Tenders (recipe)
This week we are trying something savory! A simple and super tasty recipe for gluten-free chicken tenders by Sugarless Crystals. Let's get cooking!
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients for the seasoning then divide in 2 parts
- Combine rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and one half of the seasoning
- In a bowl whisk both eggs then set aside
- Heat frying pan to medium high heat with oil or animal fat. See notes for baking or air frying
- Season chicken with remaining half of seasoning. Dip in egg then coat with flour. Lay chicken in preheated oil
- Don't flip until side has browned. Then flip and brown the other side. Continue cooking until chicken is done. If the heat is too high and the crust is starting to burn before chicken is throughly cooked remove from oil. Place in oven at 400°F until chicken has cooked all the way through.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Bake or air fryer? Yes, you can do both and still have delicious chicken tenders. Note, they may not be as crispy especially if baking. Bake or air fry at 400ºF.
- Substitute rice flour for a keto friendly option. Here is my almond flour recipe that's low carb, keto friendly and still gluten free. Just not as crunchy.
- Keep heat from being too high. I heat my oil up just hot enough to achieve the frying effect. Give flour enough time to brown before flipping to the other side. Once both sides are browned I flipped on a timer for even cooking.
Thanks for dropping by ChipMonk Baking! For the latest low carb recipes, products, and deals be sure to subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter. And if you're ready for even more low carb baking be sure to check out this delicious recipe for Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs, or click here to see all of ChipMonk's FREE keto recipes: