How to Make Keto, Low Carb Chocolate Pudding
This week the ChipMonks are trying out another chocolatey recipe from one of our absolute favorite keto chefs: Sugarless Crystals. His Chocolate Pudding recipe is simple, effective, and perfect for managing those sweet cravings. And did we mention it's only 5 ingredients? It's pudding time!
Keto Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup keto sweetener (1/4-1/2 cup taste for desired sweeteness)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- Bloom gelatin by mixing 1/4 cup of heavy cream with 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin powder. Set aside. This is a 1/4 cup out of the 2 cups not extra. Meaning you will start the next step with the remaining 1 3/4 cup heavy cream.
- In a pot on medium low heat add heavy cream. Then add in cocoa powder, sweetener, vanilla extract. Mix until smooth and combined. This will happen with the heat rising.
- Allow mix to get hot. It should steam but don't let it boil. If you see bubbles rising turn the heat off.
- Once mix is steaming add in bloomed gelatin. Continue stirring and allow to fully melt. Gelatin needs to fully dissolve. If not you'll get lumps.
- Pour into a bowl after mix is smooth again. If worried about lumps pour it through a strainer. To avoid the skin on the pudding over plastic wrap and make sure to have the plastic touching the top of the pudding. This is what prevents the skin from forming.
- Refrigerate for an hour or 2 so gelatin can set. Remove the plastic and give it a mix. Serve. I was able to fill 6 3.5oz of the jars pictured.
*Recipe Makes 6 Servings
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Avoid overheating, do not let this recipe boil. A slight simmer is ok if it gets too hot just drop the heat and it'll be fine. Yet, with heavy cream and chocolate overheating will cause curdling and separation.
- Why not use xanthan gum, I personally don't like the texture that comes with it. You are welcome to give it a try if you just don't want to use gelatin. Start off with 1/4 teaspoon. You can also use chia seeds to thicken using this recipe here.
- Granulated or powdered sweetener, I have seen some bloggers swear by one or the other but in a recipe such as this one the sweetener is melting anyway so it doesn't matter.
Thanks for dropping by the ChipMonk Baking Recipes Blog! If you’re looking for more summer sweetness, check out our easy 5-Minute Keto Ice Cream Recipe! And don’t forget to check back regularly for the latest keto recipes and lifestyle tips from the ChipMonks. And if you haven't already, subscribe to our newsletter and text CHIPMONK to (833) 645-0998 to join the ChipMonk rewards program