How to Make Keto Taco Casserole
As a Texas-based company, the ChipMonks are huge fans of TexMex, but unfortunately most traditional Mexican recipes are high in carbs and not compatible with a ketogenic diet. Thankfully Darius from Sugarless Crystals has shared this totally delicious and keto-approved recipe for the perfect Taco Casserole. Let's get cooking!
Keto Taco Casserole Recipe:
1-1.5 pounds 85/15 ground beef (sub for ground turkey or ground pork)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies (I used lime and cilantro version)
1/2 cup Herdez salsa verde
1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a non-stick pan on medium/high heat add oil for cooking the toss in ground meat of choice. Seasaon meat with salt,pepper, cumin and chili powder. If salt sensitive you can skip seasoning the meat due to salt levels in other ingredients.
- Once you finished seasoing before browning add in a can of Rotel diced tomatoes and salsa verde.
- Continue cooking until meat is cooked through then add in tomato paste too thicken. Once thicken remove from heat.
- Pour into a 9x9 or 8x8 casserole dish then pour half the cheese into the meat and mix around
- Top the rest of the cheese on the top of meat
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes. You are welcome to brown the cheese by placing the oven on broil for a little before removing
- Garnish with more salsa, pico de gallo or my favorite just sour cream
We hope you enjoyed learning more about why olive oil is the perfect ingredient for your next keto baking project. If you’d like more awesome keto and healthy lifestyle content, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. And if you’re looking for even more delicious keto recipes, click the image below to check out our keto-friendly pizza crust recipe, or head over to our blog where we add tons new recipes weekly. Thanks for dropping by!