How to make Low-Carb, Keto Lemon Bars
Just in time for spring! This week we are testing out another superb keto dessert recipe from our friend and partner Sugarless Crystals: Keto Lemon Bars. These sweet, creamy dessert bars are the perfect way to indulge mindfully and still enjoy a refreshing, delicious dessert. Let's get baking!
Keto Lemon Bar Recipe:
Almond flour crust
- 1.5 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon butter extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liquid monk fruit or stevia (for added sweetness)
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Almond flour crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients and press down evenly into an 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven then remove and allow to cool
- To cool quicker place in refrigerator but make sure it's cool before adding the filling
Preheat oven to 325°F
Combine all dry ingredients and set to the side
In a mixing bowl crack 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk then whisk. Then add lemon juice, extracts and liquid sweetener
Whisk in all dry ingredients until smooth and combined. You'll notice it thicken up rather quickly
Pour on top of cooled crust and bake for 25 minutes. Make sure custard top is smooth and not any loose liquid.
Remove and allow to cool completely on rack. You can eat it now but I suggest the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the top to set firmly
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Fresh lemons or lemon juice, it does make a difference in flavor but I use the lemon juice in the store most times. And, I still enjoy the recipe at the end of the day without all the added hassle of hoping I get enough juice from the lemons I have, to avoid having to run back to the store to buy more.
- Try it crustless, I have made it crustless twice and I like it that way as well. Not to mention I can eat even more guilt free!
- When is it done, the keto lemon bars are done between 20-25 minutes but make sure when you pull them out the custard is set across the entire top, No runny or loose areas.