Keto & Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
Pumpkin spice season is here earlier than ever which means we’re all now subject to daily temptations of sugar-filled tasty concoctions like pumpkin spice lattes, scones, breads and brownies.
But what if we told you that you could indulge like the pumpkin spice fiend you are without having to consume all the sugar and carbs? Come this way my friend, for the golden gates of the hallowed ChipMonk Vault are cracking open once more to rescue you with the sweet treats your mind and body deserve. What’s on deck this time? Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Brownies using our own zero-carb sweetener, AlluMonk (Allulose + Monk Fruit Blend).
If you’re dying to try the silky smooth combination of a rich chocolate brownie with perfectly spiced pumpkin cheesecake, you’ve come to the right place. Especially if you’re interested in a brownie with only 160 calories, just 3g net carbs, and only 1g of sugar. Read on and launch into this PSL season with glee!
RECIPE: GLUTEN FREE & KETO PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BROWNIES USING ALLULOSE
(LOW SUGAR, LOW CARB, GLUTEN FREE, KETO, DIABETIC FRIENDLY)
SERVINGS: 16 BROWNIES (~62 GRAMS AND 160 CALORIES EACH)
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
BAKE TIME: 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
AlluMonk (ChipMonk’s Allulose + Monk Fruit Sweetener) is the star of this recipe!
FOR PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 1 cup (227g) cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup (70g) AlluMonk Allulose & Monk Fruit Sweetener (Hoosier Hill Farms Allulose is also a viable choice if you want to skip the monk fruit)
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup (120g) canned pumpkin puree (we actually used Walmart store brand and it worked great - cheap too!)
FOR KETO BROWNIE LAYER
- 1 stick (113g or 8 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup (80g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 2/3 cup (140g) AlluMonk Allulose & Monk Fruit Sweetener (Hoosier Hill Farms Allulose is also a viable choice if you want to skip the monk fruit)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup (70g) Almond Flour (We recommend Nature’s Eats which you can find on Amazon)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C. Line with parchment paper the bottom and sides of a 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin cheesecake layer first. Add cream cheese and AlluMonk sweetener to a bowl and cream using an electric mixer (faster and easier) or whisk until creamy and smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin spice until fully combined. Mix in pumpkin puree. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add your butter and microwave for 30 seconds to soften (should not be melted if possible). Add in your cocoa powder, sweetener, and salt and mix until combined.
- Add one egg at a time, whisking well after each one until completely incorporated. The texture should appear smooth, with all the sweetener dissolving into the mixture.
- Add the almond flour, whisking vigorously until fully blended.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into prepared pan, followed by the cheesecake layer. Add the remaining brownie batter in large dollops (see pictures below for reference), and swirl the two batters together using a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is just set and still jiggly. Baking time can vary a lot from oven to oven, so give them a check after the first 15 minutes. You can check your brownies for doneness by using the toothpick test. Just stick a toothpick into the center of your brownie pan. If there is wet batter still on the toothpick, it needs more time in the oven. If it comes out clean or with just a few crumbs, your brownies are ready to come out of the oven.
- Allow to cool completely. Lift brownies using the edges of the parchment paper and cut into desired size (we did 16).
- Store in the fridge for 3 days and freeze for up to 3 months (they freeze great!).
NOTES / TIPS
Here’s the equipment we like to use at home for this recipe:
- Parchment Paper: Reynolds Wrap
- Sauce pan: Utopia Kitchen 2 Quart Nonstick Saucepan with Glass Lid
- Baking pans: 8 x 8 inch baking pans or 9 x 13 inch baking pans
- Mixer: Electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- Mixing bowls: Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- Whisk: OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
- Stainless steel measuring cups/spoons and silicon spatula set
- Don’t feel like baking yourself? Head over to our online shop and buy yourself a box of our low carb, gluten free, keto friendly ChipMonk cookies. We have 7 delicious flavors and you get to pick your favorites for your box! We also sell our AlluMonk sweetener and pre-made keto cookie baking mixes.
When prepared via the above instructions, each brownie has just 160 calories, 14g of fat, 3g net carbs, and only 1g of sugar. For comparison, a similar sized brownie from Starbucks has 280 calories, 31g carbs, and 20g of sugar!
Note: Net Carbs = Total Carbs - Dietary Fiber - Allulose / Sugar Alcohol.
USEFUL LINKS & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you loved this recipe, check out our other recipes and baking guides on the ChipMonk blog such as:
- The Best Low Carb Sweeteners (A Visual Guide)
- Our List of The Best Alternative Flours
- Ultimate Guide to Low Carb Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- Recipe: Zero Carb Keto Marshmallows Using Allulose
- Recipe: Low Carb Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- Recipe: Keto Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
- Recipe: Low-Carb Matcha Green Tea Coconut Cookie
- Recipe: Keto Chocolate Orange Cookie
- Recipe: Low-Carb Keto Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Icing
- Recipe: “LeMonk” Low Carb Lemon Vegan Cookies
- World’s Easiest Meal Prep: Salsa Chicken
- High Protein, Low Carb Meal Prep: Turkey Bowls
- AlluMonk (Allulose + Monk Fruit Sweetener)
- Learn more about Allulose and Monk Fruit (our low carb, natural alternatives to sugar)
Let us know what you think! Leave a comment or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org