ChipMonk's Favorite Low Carb Fall-Themed Recipes
KETO PUMPKIN SOUP
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15oz)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp roasted, salted, pepitas
- To a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and red pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and add the heavy cream. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Optionally, garnish with sour cream, and pepitas.
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- 2.5 cups cut green beans can range anywhere from 2-3 cups is ideal
- 1/2 white onion
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth regular chicken broth is fine
- 1 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- optional for cream thickness. One or the other
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- If using canned string beans proceed to step 4. Wash and cut string beans up to desired size
- Boil string beans to soften. About 5-10 minutes. Don't overcook because they will cook in the oven as well.
- After finish boiling drain them then make cream sauce for casserole.
- Sliced onion and mushrooms. On medium heat sweat the mushrooms to remove excess water.
- After they are done add in olive oil and toss in sliced onions then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook mushrooms and onions down then add in butter and allow to melt then incorporate.
- Pour in white wine vinegar and allow the vinegar to completely reduce making sure you don't burn anything watch the heat. If onions/mushrooms look dry add a little oil but they shouldn't.
- After vinegar has reduced add broth to the pan. Bring to boil then lower to simmer and reduce by half.
- Pour in heavy cream and reduce to simmer as well. Allow to thicken. If you want a thicker sauce since there is no roux add in 1/8 tsp xanthan gum or 1/4 cup of cheese of choice.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF then layer string beans in casserole dish.
- Mix in cream sauce and string beans then bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool then serve.
- 2 Tbsp powdered Erythritol
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup almond flour or ground walnuts
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 cups (16 oz) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered Erythritol
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned or steamed pumpkin *see note
- 2 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix *see note
To make the base:
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or grease with butter; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine melted butter and erythritol, mix until fully blended. Add almond flour and pumpkin spice; stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to 8x8 pan and press evenly mixture on the bottom of the pan. Cook in the oven for 10 mins, then set aside to cool.
To make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and Erythritol until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, and spices. Beat together until well combined.
- Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are firm but the middle still jiggles slightly (it will appear dry completely across the top). Remove from the oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes then cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours before slicing