How to make Keto Salted Caramel Sauce!
Chief ChipMonk David Downing headed into the kitchen last week to learn how to make a low carb, keto caramel sauce. The results were delicious so we wanted to share the recipe with you. Let's get started:
Keto Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup (160g) AlluMonk sweetener
- 4 Tablespoons (57g) SALTED butter, room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons (90mL) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, place allulose over medium-high heat. Watch closely, but do not touch until it begins to melt around the edges. Once it begins to melt, gently pull melted area toward the center with a rubber spatula. As it continues to melt, gently stir with spatula until it’s fully melted and begins to boil.
- Watch closely, continuing to stir, until the allulose turns golden brown.
- Immediately whisk in butter all at once, until completely melted and incorporated.Caramel will bubble violently. Turn off heat.
- Whisk in cream in a steady stream (caramel will bubble again.) Then add vanilla and salt and mix well to incorporate.
- Transfer to an 8 oz. jar and allow to cool at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge.
- This recipe will fill an 8 oz. mason jar up to the very tippy top.
- Caramel can be kept refrigerated for at least a week. It may be reheated in the microwave.
- For a thinner caramel that pours straight from the fridge and will stay runny even when frozen, add an additional 2 tablespoons each butter and cream.
- You can use pure allulose vs. AlluMonk sweetener as well for this recipe