ChipMonk's Top 3 Favorite Summer Recipes
Looking for some refreshing summer recipes that fit your keto, low carb, low sugar, gluten free, celiac, diabetic diet? ChipMonk has you covered! We’ve collected our top three recipes for the season – each one is delicious and perfect for a hot summer day. Keep reading to learn more about these recipes and get started on cooking them up today!
Keto, Low Carb Lemonade Recipe
Our keto, low carb lemonade recipe is the perfect drink for any summer party (and it works as a great base for mixed drinks!).
KETO LEMONADE INGREDIENTS
- 7 cups filtered water
- ⅔ cup AlluMonk Sweetener
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 medium lemon's worth)
KETO LEMONADE INSTRUCTIONS
- Bring water and swerve to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Boil and stir until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add fresh lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- Let it sit until it reaches room temperature, then place keto lemonade in a glass quart-size jar.
- Chill and enjoy cold.
Keto Ice Cream
Dieting doesn't have to be hard! With only three ingredients, our keto ice cream makes for an easy for a last minute snack and is simply delicious.
How to Make Keto Ice Cream:
KETO ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup COLD heavy cream (or coconut cream)
- 1/8 tsp AlluMonk sweetener (or your preferred low carb sweetener)
KETO ICE CREAM RECIPE:
- Add the frozen fruit to a small food processor. Process for a few seconds until the fruits are broken into pieces.
- Add the heavy cream and sweetener and process for a 20-30 more seconds until the ice cream is nice and smooth. If the food processor gets stuck, just take a spoon and move the ice cream around and process again.
- Serve immediately.
| Calories: 242 | Carbohydrates: 9.76g | Protein: 2.19g | Fat: 22.37g | Saturated Fat: 13.92g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.83g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.46g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 23mg | Fiber: 4.3g | Sugar: 2.92g
*nutritional information is for raspberry ice cream. Values will vary based on what fruit you choose
WHAT FLAVORS CAN I MAKE?
You can make any frozen fruit-based flavors! Think blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry. The possibilities are endless.For higher carb options, you could use frozen mango, cherry, banana, pineapple and so on.As long as you have some frozen fruit, you’ll be able to make this easy keto ice cream.
DO I NEED TO USE A FOOD PROCESSOR?
Yes. You need to be able to crush the frozen fruit and blend it with the cream so doing this by hand is impossible. I don’t recommend using a blender because there won’t be enough liquid to blend and the frozen fruit will get stuck in the blades.
WHAT ABOUT THE CONE?
If you want to keep this recipe fully keto, we recommend serving it in a bowl, but if you’re craving a cone, our friends over at Enlightened Sugar Free Cones make a delicious option with only 3 net carbs. And if you’re feeling extra-adventurous, check out this recipe to make your very own DIY keto-friendly waffle cones: https://keenforketo.com/keto-waffle-cones/
If you're looking for a refreshing summer cocktail that's keto and low carb friendly, look no further! Our Ranch Water cocktail is just what you need to end the day or to get it started. There’s no added sugar and it pairs perfectly with a good time.
Ranch Water Ingredients:
- 1.5oz Tequila
- 1.5oz Lime Juice
- 6oz Sparkling Water (Topo Chico recommended for best results!)
Just pour over ice and gently mix for a surprisingly delicious and extremely refreshing cocktail with only ~100 calories and <1g carbs.