How to Make Fluffy Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
It's breakfast time! If you're craving keto-friendly pancakes you've come to the right place because this week we are sharing another insanely delicious DIY recipe from our friends over at Sugarless Crystals. Let's get baking!
Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes Recipe
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl cream your room temp cream cheese. Then add one egg at a time fully blending before adding the next egg. If using a blender add all wet ingredients and blend until it's smooth.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix in, then set aside
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Turn on skillet to medium heat and add butter
- Combine dry and wet and whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps
- Pour pancakes onto skillet immedietly. Make sure heat isn't too hot these aren't like normal pancakes they need more time to cook through
- Flip after you see the edges browning and light bubbling through the center. Flip, cook and remove.
Helpful Tips & Tricks
- Batter will thicken over time. I like to have my pan already ready with butter added because the best pancakes will be the ones poured in the first minute after mixing. The batter is still thin enough to pour at this point. As it sits it’ll thicken and you’ll have to spoon the batter onto the pan and spread into a circle. If you own a skillet that’s perfect because you can make the entire recipe quickly.
- Room temperature cream cheese, I can’t stress this enough if your cream cheese is cold you will have a very hard time making this recipe free of lumps.
- Blender or hand mixer? You can use either with this recipe but you will need more than a whisk to beat the eggs and cream cheese together. When you combine your dry and wet ingredients that’s when you need to bring in the whisk. The whisk allows you to move faster and pour at that point.
- Don’t cook on high heat! Keto pancakes are much different they require a longer time to cook so keep the heat around medium and give pancakes time to cook.