How to Make Low Carb, Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins
We're back in the bakery with another deliciously refreshing recipe that is perfect for the springtime: Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins! We took a deep dive into Sugarless Crystals recipe and the results were so tasty! If you love blueberry lemon muffins but can't afford the excess sugar and carbs, you're going to want to try this recipe ASAP because it's a keto muffin game changer:
Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup granulated allumonk sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid monk fruit (can sub with AlluMonk)
Start making the swirl first. Gather all your ingredients beside the stove so they are in close reach. Mix the sweetener and xanthan gum together first this prevents clumping
Place blueberries in a small pot on medium heat and move them around. They will begin to darken and some burst so to avoid sticking keep stirring
Water will begin to release allow to simmer about 3 minutes. Add the sweetener mix and keep stirring until it thickens. Once thicken remove from heat and stir in extract. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and melt butter
Mix all dry ingredients together
Grab cooled butter, then beat in eggs, liquid monk fruit and extract
Combine dry and wet ingredients
Lightly fold in blueberries, make a swirl dont stir and change the entire color of the batter
Place in baking cups and bake for 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes then serve
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Do I need to cook the blueberries? No, you don't have to but I highly recommend it if you want that classic blueberry flavor in desserts that you're use to.
- What extract to use? I suggest blueberry extract but if you're cooking the blueberries you will get a good blueberry flavor already. In that case, vanilla extract can be used in place because the blueberry extract I always order. And I make blueberry desserts often!
- Add lemon juice? I don't add actual lemon juice due to the nature of almond flour and coconut flour. There's no gluten so with the blueberries already being water based adding more water wouldn't be the best option. But, you can test it and see what I mean!
Lemon Flavored Icing
- 2.5 TB allumonk sweetener
- 1 TB heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
We hope you enjoyed that recipe for delicious keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins! If you’d like more awesome keto and healthy lifestyle content, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. And if you’re looking for even more delicious keto recipes, click the image below to check out our keto strawberry donuts, or head over to our blog where we add tons new recipes weekly. Thanks for dropping by!