Keto Lemon Cupcakes Recipe - Low Carb, Sugar Free, Gluten Free
Craving a fresh, perfectly textured lemon cupcake with silky smooth buttercream frosting but can't afford all the excess carbs and sugar? You've come to the right place. Check out this epic recipe from our friend and partner Sugarless Crystals to learn how to make the PERFECT low carb, keto-friendly Lemon Cupcakes. Let's Get Baking!
The best lemon cupcakes for the keto diet bursting with lemon flavor with a sweet buttercream icing that’s all free of no added sugar. Only 2g net carbs per cupcake with icing you will have your entire family happy along with friends. Made with almond flour these gluten free cupcakes have a super moist texture.
Keto Lemon Cupcakes Recipe:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup allumonk sweetener (or your preferred keto friendly sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoon powdered allumonk sweetener (or your preferred keto sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid monk fruit
Bring butter to room temp where it is soft enough to mix with a hand mixer.
Add all ingredients to the butter and mix until smooth and free of lumps.
See notes for storing
Helpful Recipe Tips
- The best lemon flavor, you cannot achieve this from lemon extract on keto. The best flavor will come from a lemon emulsion, lemon flavoring and lemon zest. Lemon extract simply is a waste of money and gets lost in flavor. Then when you add more you just taste the chemicals in the dessert, primary the alcohol used to carry the flavor. I have provided links for the best that I have used.
- Room temp butter to aid you in making the buttercream. For a cream cheese frosting or whipped cream frosting use the links provided.
- To store buttercream frosting, it is butter so if you leave it out it could possibly melt to nothing. Refrigerate the frosting. But, when you are ready to eat more you'll need to pull it out ahead of time to soften. Due to the sweetener, you may want to use a whisk or the hand mixer to get that smooth consistency again.